It's been a while since I shared one of my recipes here. I cook quite often. Especially I love breakfasts. I actually adore them. If I could choose to be one of the meals, I would become breakfast. Amongst my family and friends, I am also known for the best breakfasts and brunches. Therefore, my breakfast recipes are always yum, quick, and (most of the time) healthy. Today I would like to share a random recipe of the breakfast toasts that I made yesterday. It is all intuitional, and obviously can be improved. They turned out amazing, though!
As per ingredients (doubled in the description), we need:
• Any yummy bread - 4 slices;
• Cherry tomatoes - 150gr;
• Red onion - 1/2;
• Goat cheese - 60gr or so;
• Peaches - 1 medium;
• Honey - 1tsp;
• Balsamico cream - 1 tsp;
• Salt & pepper to taste
1. Slice your bread, unless you purchased it slices, and place it into the oven for about 7-10 minutes, so it is still a bit soft but has a nice crunch and warmth. I prefer purchasing either sourdough bread or some other amazing bread with nuts and such from a local bio bakery.
2. Cut your cherry tomatoes into halves. Cut your onion as you want. I generally cut it into small strips, as you can see in the image. Cut a peach. This step is all about cutting the products you have.
3. Add a little bit of olive oil into a small pan, and cook for 1-2 minutes with some salt and black pepper.
4. When it is slightly cooked, add cherry tomatoes. If you want, you can add extra salt & pepper to taste. Cook it on medium to low heat until soft and caramelized - approximately 10 minutes.
5. In the meantime, you can fry the sliced peach in another pan. I added just a drop of oil for the first 2 minutes, and then I added a bit of water, so it gets caramelized in its own sweet juice. Fry it from both sides - approximately 5-7 minutes.
6. Your bread should be ready by now. Spread your soft goat cheese on top of these warm and blushy breads. For the first two slices: place your tomato & onion mix on top of the goat cheese, sprinkle with black pepper and balsamico. For the other two: carefully place your peach slices, sprinkle with honey. You can add any other toppings and last touches if you feel like it. This was more than enough for me. They turned out beautifully delicious and nutritious + healthy.
Here's the end result for me and my best friend:
I hope you enjoy this recipe for your peaceful and pleasurable breakfasts. If you improve this recipe (or follow it along), let me know!
Enjoy and until the next posts,
- Rate article:
- Total Person:
- Rate difficulty: